Sadly, every year, millions of pets are killed in our nation's shelter system. The lucky ones who survive are saved by a network of rescue organizations that pull them out of the shelters sometimes within minutes of being euthanized. Until those pets are placed in forever homes, they need a safe place to recover from their previous life of abandonment, neglect and/or abuse and injuries. That safe haven, where a lonely, frightened dog or cat can heal her broken heart, recover from any injuries or illness and learn to trust humans again, could be your home for as little as a few weeks or months until it gets adopted. Fostering is only temporary, but it changes the entire life of an animal in need.
- If you ever wanted the opportunity to care for an animal, but you're unable to commit to 10+ years of care then fostering then is for you!
- Fostering an animal is a fun, exciting and rewarding experience! Not only do you and your family learn the responsibilities of "pet ownership", you're also helping to save a life that may have otherwise may not have had a chance, just because the pet has no where to go.
- Without loving foster homes and kind hearts like yours, our rescue organization would not be able to save animals. Our foster parents play a huge role in our rescue and are very much appreciated by both the animals and ourselves! Please contact us as soon as possible if you are interested in becoming a foster parent by filling out the application below. We are always in search of loving foster homes for our pets.
FOSTERING FOR PAW PRINTS IN THE SAND
When you foster for Paw Prints in the Sand, we provide the following:
- All veterinary expenses
- Food and supplies (collar, leash, tags, flea medication, etc.)
- Basic behavioral training
- A network of other fosters for guidance and support
- Providing daily in-home care of our rescue pets
- Provide in-home medical care to our rescue pets as needed and take the pet to their required veterinary appointments at our approved rescue veterinarians.
- Prepare our rescued animals for the transition into their adoptive homes by providing basic obedience, potty training, and socialization (introducing rescued pets to a variety of environments)
- Provide daily exercise and engagement, as needed
- Assist in the marketing of your foster pet by taking progress pictures of the fostered pet for social media and online adoption sites and preparing pet bios
- Sharing foster pets via social media
- Take foster pets to adoption events and participate in adoption events
- Take foster pets to meet and greets with prospective adopters
- Have a reliable vehicle with room for a crate, current car insurance and a valid driver’s license. You also need to have an understanding of responsible and secure animal transport.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. Paw Prints in the Sand does reimburse for mileage according to the IRS Non-Profit Standard Mileage Rate.
If you are interested in fostering for Paw Prints in the Sand and giving an animal in need a second chance at life, please fill out the Foster Application below or email us at email@example.com