Spring is our favorite time of year. Not only because the weather gets warmer and the flowers bloom; it marks Animal Cruelty prevention Month. While we fight animal abuse every day, the entire month of April is dedicated to bringing awareness to the issue of animal abuse and highlighting ways to fight it!
Here are some great opportunities to help us put an end to animal cruelty:
- April 8th is National Dog Fighting Awareness Day. We here at PPITS love us some Pits! The ASPCA created this day to help advance the conversation on the issue of dog fighting and to “encourage animal lovers across the country to take action against this brutal form of animal cruelty.” For more information, please visit: http://www.aspca.org/fight-cruelty/dog-fighting/national-dog-fighting-awareness-day
Our Spotlight Pet for April is Miss Blue who was just rescued from a dog-fighting ring. They cut off her ear because she wouldn’t fight! She is the sweetest soul and definitely an Ambassador for the breed and anti-dog fighting campaign!
- April 26th is Help a Horse Day! In recent years, stories of abuse, neglect and abandonment of horses have continued to rise. Help A Horse Day is our opportunity to raise awareness and help an equine rescue. We recommend Toby’s Legacy, a non-profit that’s a voice for the abused and abandoned and provide temporary physical, emotional and mental safety and rehabilitation for distressed and neglected horses. For more information or to make a donation and Help A Horse, please visit: http://www.tobyslegacy.org/
We also ask our supporters to 'Go Orange for Animals' to help raise awareness on the issue of animal cruelty. Here are a few ways you can help us spread the word about preventing cruelty to animals:
1. Start your own crowd fundraising campaign and donate the proceeds from your campaign to Paw Prints in the Sand.
2. Start a Memorial or Tribute campaign in honor or in memory of a pet or loved one.
3. Spread the word on social media about the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. using the hashtag #endanimalabuse or posting the orange ribbon.
4. Host an event and donate your event to Paw Prints in the Sand - help build awareness with a happy hour, garage sale, birthday celebration, wedding or athletic event.
For more info on how you can Take Action, please visit: http://www.pawprintsinthesand.org/take-action/