Paw Prints in the Sand Animal Rescue (PPITS) places a lot of importance in the rehabilitation of our rescued pets. Volunteers that help to walk our dogs are very important in the rehabilitation process, whether they help with our pets in training or provide walking assistance to our foster. We are always in search of active volunteers to walk our dogs. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Attend Dog Training Walks with our appointed professional trainer
- Attend Puppy Social hour at our trainer’s facility
- Commitment and punctuality to training walks
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Have a reliable vehicle, current car insurance and a valid driver’s license.
3 to 5 hours/week. Walks are every Wednesday at 10:30am and on Sundays at 11:30am and 5:30pm. The Puppy Social Hour is every Wednesday at 5:30pm. All are in the Long Beach, CA area.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity. Attending training walks will provide you with the opportunity to learn proper dog walking techniques and dog handling with a professional trainer. Paw Prints in the Sand does reimburse for mileage according to the IRS Non-Profit Standard Mileage Rate.