Paw Prints in the Sand Animal Rescue (PPITS) places a lot of importance in the management of our volunteers to ensure alignment with the goals of our organization and to ensure volunteer retention. We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced and professional individual to join our dynamic team as the Volunteer Coordinator (VC) and assist Paw Prints in the Sand with its volunteer program. Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain Volunteer Roster
- Manage Volunteers activities such as:
o Attendance to events
o Transportation for our foster pets to events;
o Recruiting volunteers to work with our dogs in training
- Coordinate with Foster Coordinator to support foster needs
- Coordinate with Rescue management to fulfill rescue volunteer need
- Assist with volunteer recruitment
- Manage potential volunteer conflicts
- Assist with volunteer retention and volunteer recognition
- Attend adoption events
- Recruit, manage and schedule volunteers for events such as fundraisers, adoption events, etc.
- Experience in personnel management
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign or Photoshop highly desired.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Have a reliable vehicle, current car insurance and a valid driver’s license
5 - 10 hours/week
This is an unpaid internship or volunteer opportunity. Paw Prints in the Sand reimburses for rescue-related expenses and mileage according to the IRS Non-Profit Standard Mileage Rate.